Friday 24 December 2010

Belbin on the mind.

Just a quick one today!  I have been thinking about the Belbin test for a couple of days. Pondering my right to question its validity because of the contradiction my results incurred (describing me as highly stung yet mild and sensitive illogically). As a result, I think that organisations should not be entirely influenced by The Belbin Test. An updated version of the test could provide a modern, more reliable insight into team roles within present day working environments- this may provide evidence to suggest that some of the 9 roles aren’t actually essential.
If we lead with the assumption that other participants of the test have clear defining results that perfectly exemplify their preferred team roles in theory and in practise, it’s fair to say- I’m just an anomaly!
With this in mind, I’m keen to push forward with how well the Belbin roles worked within our group. But for now, it’s Christmas- and Thornton’s chocolates and bad TV awaits…

No comments:

Post a Comment